The Logophilia Language Talk is organised by Logophilia to expose the audience to the methodology of Etymology Education. During this short discussion, Logophilia delivers a
powerful introduction about the how and what of English Vocabulary through the methodology
Etymology Education. The Talk serves as a sensitiser, making the audience aware of the need for
studying Etymology; and attempts to enlighten them on the logicality of English Vocabulary.
The Logophilia Language Talk is in essence a very short Vocabulary Programme that:
- reveals why it is important to know how to break and make words
- demonstrates how Etymology Education can significantly enhance English awareness in Spelling, Vocabulary & Pronunciation
- clarifies that English Vocabulary is not just required for reading English Literature, but is essential for understanding all subjects (the Natural Sciences, the Social Sciences, et cetera)
- powerfully explains how memorising is a very primitive practice, and is contradictory to the process of understanding
- reveals how small the average student vocabulary size is, and how Vocabulary acquisition can be sophisticated.